|Procedure Name||Procedures to request for Import License of Fuel for Distribution|
According to Notification No.0076/MOIC.DIMEX dated 13 January 2012, the import and export of Fuel are required to request for license from Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
Specific regulation that governs the import and export of Fuel is Decision on the Procedure for Import and Distribution of Fuel in the Lao PDR No.0237/MOIC.DIMEX dated 2 February 2012.
Note: In order to provide a comprehensive explanation, we classify procedure into colors as followings:
- Blue Area: Action conducted by importer;
1. To request for Import License of Fuel for Distribution, importer shall prepare following documents:
- Request (download here)
2. Importer pay fee (10,000 Kips) at Finance Division, Permanent Secretariat Office of Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MOIC). Then submit the receipt of this payment together with other documents mentioned above to the front desk office of Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
3. Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce considers the request to issue “Import License of Fuel for Distribution” immediately or not exceeding 03 working days.
4. Import License (See sample here)
5. When obtained all mentioned documents above, importer can proceed to inspect and examine quality of fuel with Quality assurance authority at Border checkpoint in order to request for Certificate of Fuel Quality. After that, importer can declare the import of goods with Customs authority.
- Petroleum Quality License (issued by Department of Standardization and Metrology, Ministry of Science and Technology). Traders shall attach Petroleum Quality License with the set of declaration documents for import to authority at border checkpoint. Click here to see procedure to request for Petroleum Quality License.
|Title||Description||Created Date||Updated Date||Issued By||Download|
|Request Letter||This form is used to request for Import License at Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.||25-01-2012||13-02-2017||Ministry of Industry and Commerce|
|Import License Application||Import License Application (Car, Petroleum, Fuel, Gas, Rough Diamond)||04-04-2016||13-03-2017||Ministry of Industry and Commerce|
|Name||Measure Type||Agency||Description||Comments||Legal Document||Validity To|
|Permit Fee for Import of Fuel||Duty/Tax Payable||Ministry of Industry and Commerce||Permit Fee for Import of Fuel of 10,000 Kip||For technical management and to support expenditure of state budget||Edict on Fees and Service Charges No. 003/PO (Article 1 - 64)||31-12-9999|
|Requirement to obtain Import Permit - Fuel||Licensing Requirement||Ministry of Industry and Commerce||To import fuel it it necessary to obtain a permit from the Department of Import and Export of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce based on verification by the Department of Domestic Trade on the basic infrastructure of the company and its business operation||For statistical purpose||Decision On the Procedure for Import and Distribution of Petroleum in the Lao PDR No.0237/MOIC.DIMEX||31-12-9999|