|Procedure Name||Procedures to request for Import License of Fuel for Distribution|
According to Notification No.0076/MOIC.DIMEX dated 13 January 2012, the import and export of fuel are required to request for a license from Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
Specific regulation that governs the import and export of fuel is Decision on the Procedure for Import and Distribution of Fuel in the Lao PDR No.0237/MOIC.DIMEX dated 2 February 2012.
To request for Import License of Fuel for Distribution is required to make a request per import as follows:
1. Importer prepares documents for the application of Import License, which consists of:
- Request (download here)
Importer pay fee (10,000 Kips) at Finance Division, Permanent Secretariat Office of Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MOIC). Then submit the receipt of this payment together with other documents mentioned above to the front desk office of Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
2. Department of Import and Export considers the application immediately or no later than 03 weekdays.
- If the application is correct, the department will sign and authenticate the Import License.
- If the application is incorrect, the department will notify the importer to re-submit the application.
3. Once the documents are complete and correct, Department of Import and Export will issue the Import License.
4. Importer collects the Import License at Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
When obtained the Import License, the importer can proceed to inspect and examine fuel quality with Quality Assurance Authority at border checkpoints in order to request for Certificate of Fuel Quality. After that, the importer can declare to import fuel with customs authority.
- Petroleum Quality License (issued by Department of Standardization and Metrology, Ministry of Science and Technology). Traders shall attach Petroleum Quality License with the set of declaration documents for import to authorities at border checkpoint. Click here to see procedure to request for Petroleum Quality License.
|Title||Description||Created Date||Updated Date||Issued By|
|Request Letter||This form is used to request for Import License at Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.||25-01-2012||13-02-2017|
|Import License Application||Import License Application (Car, Petroleum, Fuel, Gas, Rough Diamond)||04-04-2016||13-03-2017|
|Name||Measure Type||Agency||Description||Comments||Legal Document|
|Permit Fee for Import of Fuel||Duty/Tax Payable||Permit Fee for Import of Fuel of 10,000 Kip||For technical management and to support expenditure of state budget|
|Requirement to obtain Import Permit - Fuel||Licensing Requirement||To import fuel it it necessary to obtain a permit from the Department of Import and Export of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce based on verification by the Department of Domestic Trade on the basic infrastructure of the company and its business operation||For statistical purpose|