|Procedure Name||Procedures to request for Import License of Rough Diamond|
According to Notification No.0076/MOIC.DIMEX dated 13 January 2012, the import and export of Rough Diamond are required to request for license from Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
Specific regulation that governs the import and export of Rough Diamond is Decision on the Import and Export of Rough Diamond, No. 0224/MoIC.DIMEX, dated 8 February 2016.
Note: In order to provide a comprehensive explanation, we classify procedure into colors as followings:
- Blue Area: Action conducted by importer;
1. To request for Import License of Rough Diamond, importer shall prepare following documents:
- Request (download here)
2. Importer pay fee (10,000 Kips) at Finance Division, Permanent Secretariat Office of Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MOIC). Then submit the receipt of this payment together with other documents mentioned above to the front desk office of Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
3. Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce considers the request to issue “Import License of Rough Diamond” immediately or not exceeding 03 working days.
4. Import License (See sample here)
5. After received the import license, importer can declare with customs authority to import Rough Diamond for distribution in Lao PDR.
|Title||Description||Created Date||Updated Date||Issued By||Download|
|Request Letter||This form is used to request for Import License at Department of Import and Export, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.||25-01-2012||13-02-2017||Ministry of Industry and Commerce|
|Import License Application||Import License Application (Car, Petroleum, Fuel, Gas, Rough Diamond)||04-04-2016||13-03-2017||Ministry of Industry and Commerce|
|Name||Measure Type||Agency||Description||Comments||Legal Document||Validity To|
|Requirement to obtain import license - Rough Diamonds||Licensing Requirement||Ministry of Industry and Commerce||To import rough diamonds an import license is required and it is obtainable from MOIC/DIMEX. Certain specific documents must be submitted to DIMEX. Check the relevant decree for a list of these documents.||For the management and monitoring and comply with KP Organization's rule||Decision on the Import and Export of Rough Diamond, No. 0224/MoIC.DIMEX, dated 8 February 2016||31-12-9999|