Article 3. Rights and Requirements for importation of chainsaw [wood-cutting machines]
Article 4. Application for import license of Chainsaw [wood-cutting machines]
Article 5. The Issuance of Import license
Article 6. Fee and Charges
Article 7. Provision of Documents upon Actual Importation
AUTHENTIC LAO ONLY
LAO PEOPLE’S DEMOCRATIC REPLUBIC
Peace Independence Democracy Unity Prosperity
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry No. 0080/MAF
Vientiane Capital, dated 19 June 2012
on Procedures for Importation, Management and Utlization of Chainsaw [Wood-cutting machine]
- Pursuant to the Forestry Law No. 06/NA, dated 24 December 2006;
- Pursuant to the Enterprise Law No. 11/NA, dated 9 November 2005;
- Pursuant to the Government’s Decree on the Import and Export of Goods No. 114/GoL, dated 6 April 2011;
- Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decree on the Goods Import Licensing Procedures No. 180/PM, dated 07 July 2009; and
- Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decree on the Structure and Activities of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry No.148/PM, dated 10 May 2007.
The Minister of Agriculture and Forestry hereby issues the following Decision:
This Decision sets out principles, procedures and measures for importation, management and utilization of chainsaw [wood-cutting machines] in compliance with laws and regulations of Lao PDR. Top
“Chainsaw [wood-cutting machine] ” means any kinds of machines used to cut down, fell and notch [chop down] trees. This includes hand-chainsaw, chainsaws operated by fuel (gasoline/diesel) and electrical means, including its parts and equipments as defined in the Lao PDR’s Customs Nomenclature as follows: 8467.81.00, 8467.89.00 and 8467.91.10. Top
Any individual, entity and organization located in or outside the Lao PDR has the rights to import chainsaw [wood-cutting machines] in accordance with relevant laws and regulations of Lao PDR. Top
The importation of chainsaw [wood-cutting machines] shall obtain an import license from Department of Forestry, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. The required documents for a chainsaw import license are as follows:
- Application for import license;
- Valid Enterprise Registration Certificate or Concession Registration Certificate for enterprise located in Lao PDR and copy of Valid entreprise registration certificate issued by the competent authority of the relevant country for enterprise located outside of Lao PDR.
Any documents in foreign langauge shall be accompanied with its Lao translation as certified by the by Notary Office of Lao PDR. Top
Fee and Charge for issuance and modification of chainsaw import licenses shall follow the Presidential Edict on “Fees and Services Charges” as set out for each period. Top
Upon actual importation of chainsaw [wood-cutting machines], importers shall provide the documents to customs officer and concerned authorities. Top
- Imported chainsaws [wood-cutting machines] shall be registered with Department of Agriculture and Forestry at provincial level and Vientiane Capital.
- Each chainsaw [wood-cutting machines] shall have its own registration, which is valid for the period of one year and shall be renewed after expiration date. Top
- Each time before using the chainsaw [wood-cutting machines], users must notify the purpose of use to the Department of Agriculture and Forestry at provincial level and Vientiane Capital for monitoring and inspection. When utilization or movement of chainsaw each time, the registration certificate must be attached with such chainsaw to facilitate the inspection by the Forestry officers.
- The chainsaw [wood-cutting machines] including parts or components which are imported for projects authorized by the Government or there is a joint contract, the implementation shall comply with the mutual bilateral agreement on the basis of inspection by the Forestry officers.
- In case the chainsaw [wood-cutting machines] is damaged and irreparable, or chainsaw without import license or no registration license has been used prior to the approval from the relevant authorities, Department of Agriculture and Forestry at Provincial and Capital shall confiscate them and prohibit from using it. Top
Ministries, Local administration, businesses including individual, legal entity and organization shall acknowledge and cooperate in the implementation of this Decision. Top
Department of Forestry, Department of Forest Inspection, Department of Agriculture and Forestry at provincial, Capital shall actively disseminate, promote and monitor and inspect the effectiveness of the implementation of this Decision.
This Decision shall be effective from the date of signature and replace the Decision No. 0005/MAF, dated 09 January 2012. Top
Minister of Agriculture and Forestry,
[Signed and sealed]