LAO PEOPLE’S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC
Peace Independence Democracy Unity Prosperity
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Department of Agriculture No. 1077/DOA
Vientiane, dated 30 September 2010
on the Principle and Method for the Issuance of Phytosanitary Certificate
- Pursuant to Plant Protection Law No.06/NA, Dated 09/12/2008.
- Pursuant to new revised text of the International Plant Protection Convention, 1997.
- Pursuant to the International Standard for Phytosanitary Measures No. 7 and 12 on the Phytosanitary certificate.
The issuance of Phytosanitary Certificate is the procedure of certifying plant commodities, plant products and others articles base on the prescribed text of International Standard for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPM) No. 12.
Here after is the guide by Director General of Department of Agriculture (DOA) to the issuance of phytosanitary certificate as following:
1. The System of Phytosanitary Certificate
1.1. Model Phytosanitary Certificate
The Agricultural sector of provinces and Vientiane capital where has authorization to issue phytosanitary certificate shall harmonizes their operation by using the instruments and model phytosanitary certificate defined by DOA where is currently using the model as described in the Annex of in International Standard for Phytosanitary Measures No. 12, conforming to the international principle under International Plant Protection Conventions (IPPC).
1.2. Procedures for the issuance of phytosanitary certificate
Lao PDR uses the National Phytosanitary Database (NPD) program for the issuance of phytosanitary certificate, of which is installed and supervised by DOA to the public office where is authorized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MAF).
1.3. Application for phytosanitary certificate
The application shall comprise the following documents:
- Application form;
- Import permit issued by NPPO of importing country;
- Packing list/ Invoice;
- Place of origin certificate;
- Inspection report;
- Fumigation (treatment) certificate.
- Fraudulent phytosanitary certificate is the document issued by persons or organizations or other entities that are not authorized by MAF;
- Phytosanitary certificate contains false or misleading information;
- In case of additional declaration is filled in Phytosanitary certificate, the authorized organizations for issuing phytosanitary certificate should inform to DOA.
Therefore, DOA notify to your sector in order to execute effectively.
Director General of DOA