This book analyzes the barriers and impediments to realizing the ASEAN Economic Community by 2015. Specifically, it explores
- whether the ASEAN Economic Community is achievable by 2015,
- the obstacles along the way in achieving it, and
- the measures needed for its eventual achievement.
Although the self-imposed deadline for the realization of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) is 2015, it should not be viewed as a hard target. One should not expect 2015 to see ASEAN suddenly transformed, its nature and processes abruptly changed, its members’ interests substantially altered. Rather, 2015 should be viewed more as a milestone year - a measure of a work in progress - rather than as a hard target year.
- Overview - Rodolfo C. Severino and Jayant Menon
- Non-Tariff Barriers: A Challenge to Achieving the ASEAN Economic Community - Myrna S. Austria
- ASEAN Trade in Services - Deunden Nikomborirak and Supunnavadee Jitdumrong
- The ASEAN Economic Community: The Investment Climate - Manu Bhaskaran
- Competition and Intellectual Property Laws in the ASEAN 'Single Market' - Ashish Lall and R. Ian McEwin
- Subregional Zones and ASEAN Economic Community - Richard Pomfret and Sanchita Basu Das
- ASEAN FTAs: State of Play and Outlook for ASEAN's Regional and Global Integration - Razeen Sally
- The ASEAN Dispute Settlement System - Locknie Hsu
- Enhancing the Institutional Framework for AEC Implementation: Designing Institutions that are Effective and Politically Feasible - Helen E.S. Nesadurai
- ASEAN Economic Community Business Survey - Albert G. Hu
This section provides trade-related publication such as: trade magazine and other relevant publications. If you are a new user to this section, click here to see instruction on how to access and search all publications in Lao PDR Trade Portal.
Most Recent Publications