LAO PEOPLE’S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC
PEACE INDEPENDENCE DEMOCRACY UNITY PROSPERITY
Ministry of Agricultural and Forestry
Department of Agriculture No.0100/DOA
Vientiane Capital, Dated 13 January 2012
To: Head of Agriculture and Forestry Department in the Capital and Provincial throughout country
Subject: Attention to protect Phytosanitary Certificate Issuance which does not comply with international protection rules from Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Pursuant to plant protection law, No 06/NA, dated 09 December 2008;
- Pursuant to the Minister of Agriculture and Forestry’s Decree on implementation and roles of SPS focal point, No 1502/MOFA, dated 23 June 2011;
- Pursuant to request from Plant Protection Department on 8 January 2012.
Department of Agriculture kindly inform that through the notification documents from the plant protection authority has found Phytosanitary Certificate issued by Kingdom of Cambodia of sugarcane varieties import to Lao PDR in the past year, there was inconsistent with IPPC-International Plant Protection Convention particularly Phytosanitary, (ISPM No 7) and (ISPM No 12) respectively on Phytosanitary Certificate which indicate as follow:
- Phytosanitary Certificate Form is not match with National Plant Protection Organization of Kingdom of Cambodia.
- The signatory authority into Phytosanitary Certificate is not selected or authorized from National Plant Protection Organization of Kingdom of Cambodia.
- The contents certificate has not complied with International Plant Protection Convention.
Therefore, if the Plant Protection authority at border checkpoint notify Phytosanitary Certificate as mentioned above, the authority should take an action as pest infestation measures according to Article 17 of plant protection law, and also make warning agreement for importer and report to the Department of Agriculture, if importer still continue to have such certificates it should following measures offenses against the laws.
Remark: Attached Annex 1: Unable to use as Phytosanitary Certificate
Attached Annex 2: Use as Phytosanitary Certificate
Therefore, this must inform and strictly implementation for this notice.
Department of Agriculture
[Seal and Signature]
Dr. Monthathip Chanphengxay