LAO PEOPLE’S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC
PEACE INDEPENDENCE DEMOCRACY UNITY PROSPERITY
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Department of Agriculture No.01541/DOA
Vientiane Capital, Dated 25 July 2008
To: Head of Agriculture and Forestry Provinces, Capital throughout country
Subject: Baned Phytosanitary Certificate Issuance for Walnut and its plant goods, export to Republic of Korea
- Pursuant to notification of the Secretariat Government’s No 1247/GOV, dated 14 July 2008
- Pursuant to instruction of Minister of Agriculture and Forestry, dated 08 July 2008.
- Pursuant to notification of the Department of Agriculture, No 0098/DOA.08, dated 06 February 2008
In order to implement notification of Secretariat Government No 1247/GOV, dated 14 July 2008 for developing implementation practice on control plant and plant production of agriculture and forestry sector comply with Free Trade agreement under ASEAN-China cooperation and ASEAN-Republic of Korea Agreement on goods. Specifically, to avoid creating negative impact under ASEAN-Republic of Korea Cooperation, particularly on the implementation Agreement, the International Convention on Phytosanitary and creating conditions for implementation Agreement on Trade Facilitation on people and goods crossing the border under GMS countries (GMS) and according to weekly meeting of Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, dated 25 July 2008, Agriculture Department kindly informed Head of Agriculture and Forestry at Provincials, Capital throughout country as following:
- Banned Phytosanitary Certificate issued for export of production which are none agriculture and forestry products from plantation and nature in Lao PDR, especially Walnut export to Republic of Korea.
- Banned Phytosanitary Certificate for Re-export for agriculture and forestry goods through consignment in transit and agriculture and forestry goods that are inconsistent with bilateral, regional agreement and SPS on international protection convention.
- Banned as above mentioned shall be implemented staring from the date of its signature.
Therefore, this must be informed to Head of Agriculture and Forestry Provincial, Capital throughout country together strictly implementation regarding exchange cooperation and international trade in order to follow guidelines and policies of the party and government in the new era to be more effectively.
Director General Department of Agriculture
[Seal and Signature]
- Minister and Vice Ministers of MOFA
- Inspection Department
- Planning Department
- Human Resource Department
- Forestry Department
- Agriculture and Forestry Department